Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Slim Pickings (Musings on Health Care)

Today I'm going to ask a very important question, which at first glance will seem superficial and superfluous, but stick with me for a minute before moving on to important things in your life.

If you could pick one of the doctors from Grey's Anatomy to be your own doctor, who would you pick and why?

I would pick Izzy. She cares, she's nice, and she wouldn't lecture me for being a "bad diabetic" (I'm sure of it). She's just a good doctor and a fine person.

I'm sure that Izzy wouldn't make me set up a "Meet and Greet" just to ... well, do just that... an interview of sorts. She wouldn't say to me, "No, Jamie. You're just a loser of a patient who has too many problems. I'm a busy doctor, you know. I just don't have the time to look after you."

The sad part is, that's what happens in this province. It's a Seller's Market, and doctors are in the seller's seat. I've written before about making changes. Making a difference. And I think it's time to take the first step in making a difference.

But as we all know, this problem isn't limited to Ontario - it's a problem rampant in Canada, and beyond. If you don't think the health care system is serving you in your Province, in your State, in your City, take the time to make waves. Write a letter. Write a hundred letters. Just do something.

I think it's time to write my Member of Provincial Parliament.

Contributed by Jamie Naessens

No comments:

Post a Comment