Today's InkStain'D is featuring a love story. It's not an everyday love story though. If you've come to know Meri, her husband Ryan, and the rest of her family through her witty, insightful and inspirational writing at Our Diabetic Life blog, you already know their story. As a brief recap (that sounds so crass, but I don't mean it to be), Ryan has been facing life threatening tumors. Through these challenges, they show their love, their strength as a couple, and as a family, which puts life in perspective. Everyday I send some positive thoughts to the Great Wide Open just for them. Miracles do happen. Anyway, I invite you to check these posts out. You won't be sorry (mini spoiler alert: you may need a tissue or two).
Now, all that being said, there are so many other Lovers and Fighters in our midst - a ton of stuff. Worth the visit I should think. But if I haven't convinced you yet, see below for a teaser:
- Taking Away It's Power - C's Life With D
- I Have a Few Questions - Texting My Pancreas
- Ancient Glucose Meters - Six Until Me
- Dozing - Ninjabetic
- Blind Ultrarunner Uses iPhone to See (Sidebar: Larry, take note!)
- How to Make Perfect French Fries - Art of Doing Stuff (also how to make them frozen fries)
- Bacon and Egg Salad - BitchinKitchen
- Frozen Yogurt Drops - The Kitchn
Visit InkStain'D and see what's going on in our community and beyond.