Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Musings: Life is Short

On weekends I like to start the day with a little lot of coffee, a nice breakfast, and then sit down to read about what's been going on in the world. Then I set to browse through many posts by my blogger friends to see what I may have missed throughout the week. As I peruse this content, I often find inspirational, sad, comical and informative bits that I will share with you - and perhaps give you something to think about too.

This first week's submission of my Sunday Musings is a message that perhaps many of you have already seen, but perhaps not. If so, it doesn't hurt to revisit the message contained in it. If you've never seen it, hope you enjoy it.

Holstee Manifesto: Lifecycle Video

Holstee Manifesto: Typography Video
For those who love fonts and having things read to you with a great voiceover voice, click on the following link at YouTube:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQAzi8q_2LY&feature=youtu.be

Did You Know?  

Did you know that embedded YouTube videos are difficult, if not impossible, for blind people to navigate? I do try to make this site accessible to the blind and visually impaired, in part, so my biggest fan husband can also enjoy my blog without needing me to read it to him without a screen reader, which makes things seem rather, well, robotic.

(Irony alert: The paragraph above was not very screen reader friendly. The words "biggest fan" above were crossed out, which are replaced by the word "husband" - your screen readers likely missed that 'crossing out' thing!)

An easy thing that you can do to make your site more accessible is to provide a direct link to your videos to the YouTube site. 

For more information about how to make your blog more accessible, visit the American Federation of the Blind's article, "How to make your blog accessible to blind readers".



No comments:

Post a Comment