Friday, September 21, 2012

Get your art on

So, did you know that Diabetes Art Day is coming up? Well, it's fast approaching on September 24th. But don't despair, it's not too late.

You say you don't know what that is?

Fair enough, but if you're out of the loop, I'm here to tell you that it's a fun and cathartic event.

2011 D Art submission from yours truly (was @Jamie_Na at the time) 
Now you're saying you don't have any ideas. C'mon, I'm sure you can come up with something. It doesn't even need to be "arts and craft-y". I'm not, although I'd love to be. But I just do not have the craft gene. I used to give my younger sister a bribe part of my weekly allowance to draw maps in geography for me. I failed at sketching an amoeba in biology.

But instead, what I did get was the diabetes gene. Aren't I lucky? And if you are reading this, I'm betting you either have, or know someone who has, the diabetes gene.

So like, I'm picking up my digital brush again this year and I'm painting some words that tell a diabetes story, and if you are looking for some ideas, check some out here. Also there's some cool and REALLY easy ideas here (not diabetes related, but they might get you thinking) that I'm sure can work for you.

It's not too late. Really, it's not.

So get your art on and head on right over here to read all about it and get your D on for 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment